PSLogo Fastwax PFC

News

Danica Patrick: ‘Not a Ton’ of Talks About 2018 Rides

By  | 
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Danica Patrick doesn’t exactly sound like she’s close to finding a new Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series seat for 2018.

Patrick announced earlier this month that next year she won’t be back at Stewart-Haas Racing, her team since 2013.

Speaking at Dover International Speedway Friday morning, Patrick was asked if she’d had many discussions about possible rides for next season. “Yeah, I’ve had some but not a ton,” said Patrick. “As I’ve said for a good while now I let business people in my business handle that and have those conversations and figure out what options are out there and I’m going to let them do that.”

Patrick also said she didn’t see herself returning to IndyCar racing, but stopped short of ruling it out altogether.

“No. I’m not planning on anything, going back to IndyCar,” she said. “Never say never as I’ve said for many years because I’m getting so old and I know things can change. My life changes in ways that I wouldn’t expect it every couple of years. You just can’t cross off anything on the list completely.”

Patrick was also asked about the whole NFL-National Anthem controversy and what the take on it was at SHR. “As you can imagine I haven’t been at many meetings at Stewart-Haas lately,” she said.

Tom Jensen

Tom Jensen is a veteran motorsports journalist. He spent 13 years with FOXSports.com, where he was Digital Content Manager. Previously, he was executive editor of NASCAR Scene and managing editor of National Speed Sport News. Jensen served as the president of the National Motorsports Press Association and is the group’s former Writer of the Year.