POWER RANKINGS: Spain
Throughout the season, POPULAR SPEED will rank the top-10 drivers in Formula 1 following each event. Feel free to comment on the story at the POPULAR SPEED Facebook page.
2017 Constructor’s Championship After Spain
- Mercedes (NC)
- Ferrari (NC)
- Red Bull (NC)
- Force India (NC)
- Toro Rosso (+1)
- Williams (-1)
- Renault (+1)
- Haas (-1)
- Sauber (NC)
- McLaren (NC)
Mercedes retains its number one ranking with their win in Spain. Toro Rosso had both drivers finish in the points, so they move up one rank to fifth. Williams earned nothing in Spain which dropped them one place to sixth. Nico Hulkenberg’s sixth-place translates to a progressing up one position for Renault, while Romain Grosjean’s 10th place moved Haas down one place to eighth.
Driver Rankings After Spain
1. Sebastian Vettel continues to occupy the first spot with his second-place in Spain.
2. Lewis Hamilton is still in second due to his fourth-place at Sochi, but is now only six points behind Vettel.
3. Valtteri Bottas remains respectively third despite crashing at Barcelona.
4. Kimi Raikkonen sees no change in his rankings, even with a last-place Spain finish.
5. Daniel Ricciardo’s podium in Barcelona earns him two places up, from seventh to fifth.
6. Sergio Perez and Max Verstappen continue as virtually tied, so no changes for them in sixth and seventh.
8. Esteban Ocon climbs to eighth place from tenth due to finishing fifth in Spain.
9. Felipe Massa drops one rank to ninth by being pointless in Barcelona.
10. Carlos Sainz goes down one place to tenth, although he did earn points this race.
Our rankings resume in two weeks, after the Monaco Grand Prix.
The thoughts and opinions expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of PopularSpeed.com, its owners, management or other contributors. Any links contained in this article should not be considered an endorsement.