PSLogo Fastwax PFC

News

Rossi Remains with Andretti Autosport

By  | 
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

News continues to filter out of Andretti Autosport as the Verizon IndyCar Series team announced on Friday that Alexander Rossi will return to the team in 2018 as part of a multi-year agreement.

The partnership renewal comes after re-signing NAPA AUTO PARTS to be the primary sponsor for 10 events. 

“It’s great to have NAPA AUTO PARTS return in support of Alexander and the team. NAPA has been a fantastic partner, and we look forward to building on the success of the relationship,” said Andretti Autosport CEO Michael Andretti. “Alexander has been a great ambassador both on and off the track and, with only two years of IndyCar experience, he’s proven that he is a true competitor as well.”   

The 2018 campaign will be his third in the Verizon IndyCar Series. Entering Watkins Glen, Rossi has five top-five’s in 31 starts, including an Indianapolis 500 victory in 2015. He placed 11th in the standings last year, and looks to improve upon that in 2017, currently seventh with two races remaining. 

“As always, this silly season is a challenging one for everyone involved, but I am very thankful to have such incredible support from Andretti Autosport, NAPA AUTO PARTS and Honda, and to extend our deal through 2019,” said Rossi. “The improvements that we have made this year and the relationships that I have built within the team over the past two seasons created the foundation for a very exciting future.  

“On top of this, I’m very excited about the future of INDYCAR and where the whole series is headed. With the new car for next year, it is bound to be even more competitive and exciting than in years past and this is something that I am very proud to be a part of. It is an honor to race alongside such talented drivers and teams and I feel truly blessed in having the opportunity to showcase what I am capable of.” 

So far, Andretti Autosport has confirmed three drivers for their line-up next season, with Rossi joining Ryan Hunter-Reay and Marco Andretti. Takuma Sato is rumored to be leaving the organization to drive a second entry for Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing.

As for who will fill out the fourth seat at AA in 2018, Fernando Alonso has been mentioned following his series debut at the Indianapolis 500. 

EMAIL ASHLEY AT ashley.mccubbin@popularspeed.com

FOLLOW ON TWITTER: @ladybug388

The thoughts and opinions expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of PopularSpeed.com, its owners, management or other contributors. Any links contained in this article should not be considered an endorsement.

Ashley McCubbin

Currently the Executive Editor for Popular Speed, Ashley McCubbin also runs Short Track Musings, while handling media relations for OSCAAR. Currently living in Bradford, Ontario, she spends her weekend at the local short tracks in the area taking photos.